Snowman Salt N Pepper Shakers
Designed by: Dena Lenham Skill Level: BeginnerHere's a fun winter project you can do with your kids, a church group, or by yourself for a little "creativity time." Buy inexpensive unadorned salt shakers at dollar stores, then decorate them with scraps of fabric. Great for gifts or party decorations.
- Salt and Pepper shakers
- Treasure Tape shapes: circles
- Treasure Tape 1/4" tape roll
- scraps of fabric for hat
- Kreinik #12 Braid 005 Black
- Kreinik #12 Braid 051F Tangerine for nose
- Kreinik #12 Braid 032 Pearl
- Kreinik Petite Facets in Silver
- Diamond Beadlets
- shallow pan or tray
1. Towards the bottom front of your shaker, lay one medium-sized Treasure Tape circle shape (or a size to fit your shaker). Then lay another shape to make the top half of the snowman (leave room at the top of the shaker for your hat).
2. Remove the red liner from the circle shapes on your shaker, and outline each circle with the silver Petite Facets. Press the thread into the tape to secure.
3. Then "draw" in the bottom circle with the Pearl Braid (make curly q's or lines as desired).
4. In the top circle shape, make eyes and mouth with the black #12 Braid. Make a nose with the Tangerine orange #12 Braid.
5. When thread decorating is complete, lay the shaker in a shallow pan or tray and cover remaining sticky areas with the Diamond Beadlets.
6. To make the hat, lay a strip of 1/4" Treasure Tape across the "head" of your snowman. Lay two smaller pieces above that. Remove the red liners and lay your fabric scraps right on the tape. Trim as needed.
u get many more from here...