- Simple Winter Pleasures
Designed by: Treasure It™
- Skill Level: Intermediate
Metallic threads create glistening icicles on a snowfall picture, a funny snowman, the word “Winter” and a pretty border for a children’s photo. The result is magic, just like a winter’s snow.
- 12” x 12” navy background paper
- 12” x 6” snowflake paper
- 1-inch Treasure Tape roll
- Treasure Tape circle sheet
- 4” x 6” Treasure Tape sheet
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik Tapestry #12 Braid 032 Pearl, 027 Orange, 622 Wedgewood Blue, 052HL Bronze Hi Lustre
- Kreinik Facets in black
- shallow pan or tray
- blue, white, brown, black cardstock
- two 4” x 6” light blue paper
- winter photos
- hole punch
- white satin ribbon
- 3 small black buttons
Tip: use pieces cut from your Treasure Tape roll to mount photos, paper and cardstock
1. Mount snowflake paper onto left side of navy background paper.
2. Mount photos onto cardstocks cut slightly larger than photos.
3. For the snowfall photo: lay 1-inch Treasure Tape roll all around the border, overlapping onto your cardstock areas. Remove red liner to expose sticky tape. Lay Tapestry #12 Braid 032 Pearl in an icicle pattern. Use our photo as a guide. Lay photo in shallow pan and cover remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets.
4. With the children’s photo, lay 1-inch Treasure Tape roll on the right and left sides of the photo, overlapping onto the cardstock. Remove red liner to expose sticky tape, and lay Tapestry #12 Braid 032 Pearl in circles, as shown in photo. Lay photo in shallow pan and cover remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets.
5. Mount photos onto your page in desired position.
6. To make the word frame: Remove red liner from one sheet of 4” x 6” Treasure Tape, and lay light blue paper on top. Take another sheet of 4” x 6” Treasure Tape, remove the white backing, and lay on top of light blue paper. Remove red liner to expose top sticky part. Write “Winter” in 622 Wedgewood Blue Tapestry Braid. Create a border with Tapestry Braid 052HL Bronze Hi Lustre. Make swirls with 032 Pearl Tapestry Braid all around the word. Lay this in your shallow pan and cover all remaining sticky areas with your Diamond Beadlets. Remove white liner from the back, and place on your page.
7. To make snowman, lay three circles from the Treasure Tape circle sheet (use small circle for head). Remove red liners to expose sticky tape. On the center circle, lay the three buttons in a vertical row in the middle. Make arms laying Kreinik black Facets as shown in photo. Make a nose with Tapestry Braid in 027 Orange. Lay Tapestry Braid 032 Pearl in circles as shown in photo to complete snowman’s body.
8. Using your hole punch, make two holes in top of page. Run white satin ribbon through, and tie in a bow. TIP: You can make a page like this for every season. Use autumn colors of Tapestry Braid, for example, or spring pastel colors.
u get many more from here...