- Double Knit Wool
- A rod of diameter 1/2 inch (Approx) and length 12" approx.
- A big needle
- Eyes, Nose
- Fevi Bond.
The Pom Pon Bear consists of several wool balls (of various sizes) joined together appropriately to make the bear. So first lets see how to make the balls. The basic procedure to make the balls is the same.
- First take four strands of the wool, each of approx 12" in length.
- Now keep the 4 strands along the length of the rod.
- Now using the wool ball wind it over the 4 strands and rod
- After completing a single layer repeat the process over and over again
- Body will have 12-14 windings.
- Legs will have 09- 10 windings.
- Hands will have 08 windings.
- Head will have 10 windings.
- Ears will have 06 windings.
- Snout will have 06 windings.
- Tail will have 06 winding.
6. Now cut off the folded edges neatly. After this, roll the piece between your palms and make it into a small ball. Similarly make the rest of the balls.
7. Join the head and the body using the 2 strands, by tying a knot.
8. Next Join the hands, legs, ears and snout accordingly using needle and wool.
9. Stick the eyes and nose to complete the Bear. You can also tie a bow around its neck.
To make a bigger bear, you can increase the windings accordingly.
Check Out My Other PomPon Toys Here.