Gift BookMaterials Required :
- - 1 piece (22cm x 28cm)
- Thick Decorative Cover Paper - 1 piece (7.5cm x 38cm)
- Big Needle
- Thick Thread
- Paper Clamps
1. Cut the writing paper into six pieces, each 14cm x 7cm. Fold each piece in half widthwise. Make the folds crisp by pressing them firmly. Put one folded page inside another, until they are all in level.
2. Rule lines on the back of the cover paper at 7.5cm, 15cm, 23cm and 30 cm from one end. Fold the paper along these lines.
3. Place the prepared folded paper on the first fold on the good side of the decorative cover paper. Leave a 0.25cm margin at the top and bottom. Clamp it in place.
4. Using the needle, make three holes on the wrong side of the cover paper along the folded edge at 2cm, 4cm and 6cm from the top edge. The holes should go right through the writing papers.
5. Double thread the needle with 40cm of the thread. Make a knot about 7.5 cm from the end. First, bring the needle through the middle hole from the back side. Pull the thread until you reach the knot. Then go through the top hole from the front to the back, gently pulling the thread tight. Skip down to go through the bottom hole, then finish by going through the center hole from front to back and ending up where you started. Gently pull the thread tight and knot the ends together. Trim the excess thread.
6. Unfold the folded parts (right side) of decorative book cover paper and fold it back over itself covering the knotted thread. Tuck the last flap around the first. The edge of the last flap should touch the inside middle of the book. Make the folds crisp by pressing them firmly. If you want you can stick the last flap with glue to keep it in place.